Personal page of Les Hatton
I am Emeritus Professor of Forensic Software
Engineering at Kingston University UK.
I also still work at Oakwood Computing Associates Ltd.
Here is a brief CV:-
- Oct 1967 - Jun 1970 B.A. (Maths), King's College Cambridge
- Oct 1970 - Sep 1971 M.Sc. (Astrophysics), Manchester
- Oct 1971 - Jun 1973 Ph.D. (Computational fluid dynamics),
- Jun 1974 M.A. (Maths), Cambridge,
free with every B.A. :-)
- Jun 1980 A.L.C.M. (Classical guitar),
London College of Music
- Mar 1990: C.Eng. (Chartered Engineer)
- Oct 1997 - Jun 1999 part-time LL.M. (IT Law),
Scholars of Systems and Software Engineering
(1997-2001)", Journal of Systems and Software,
64(1), 79-86 (2001)
1987: Conrad Schlumberger award "for pioneering
work on seismic wave propagation in the earth
and applications of computer technology".
1978: American Offshore Technology Conference
Best Geophysical Paper Award.
1978: American Society of Exploration
Geophysicists Best Presentation Award.
1976: Canadian Society of Exploration
Geophysicists Best Paper Award.
Projects I've designed and implemented in the
last few years
Forensic engines at sendForensics
The Safer C toolset
Betterdeal cheapest mobile phone tariffs
Geophysical airgun array modelling system
The Bibliographic Discovery Engine
The Javelin Flight Analyser
Embedded system paranoia for computer arithmetic